The Ultimate Blog Post Checklist
Blogging is a powerful content marketing tool you can use this platform for businesses, news, networking and other professional purpose – Share your knowledge, educate your targeted audience, earn their trust and grow your email list. If you are a professional blogger, you need to be engaging your targeted audience through some form of content marketing.
Every time you have to write something brand new blog post, being a blogger you have to do a lot more research in google, keep reading others articles/blogs, find some interesting great idea for your business blog, and see if you know enough about the topic, find some solution that will be helpful for your reader to keep engage them. When you are writing a blog you might miss something. Maybe you forgot to create a permalink, punctuation mark or you might forget to add in ads throughout. It happens! But it doesn’t have to.
Here’s a handy dandy 10-step checklist to build a better blog post. These all steps help you to understand better to craft the perfect blog post and not make a mistake in the process! Here we go:
Before Post Publication
- Create short, catchy keyword-filled blog title – You can see the title of this post, it is simple, like this you have to create short and simple <7 words, any reader without guessing and scratching their head they should easily understand what exactly your blog is about – This is how you have to use word – Ultimate? Stick to your niche.
- Write content of notable length – If you want to rank high in search engines and provide true value for your target audience, then you have to craft the perfect blog posts that actual thrive your audience and make them feel continue to read further. But, again here you have maintained quality content. When you focus on your niche, your blog posts will have a higher chance of ranking in the top search results. No 2-paragraph posts, please.
- Edit and review your blog post content: It is important toensure that your writing is error free and professional. Make sure your information is relevant to your business topic, is there a point you feel something is missing out related to this topic and needs to be backed up with more facts or an example?
- Do proper keyword research: prepare the relevant keywords checklist. Keyword research is one of the most important part of blog content and helps you to guide search engine. Find relevant keywords for your business blog to reach relevant people. If you don’t get any search traffic, all your hard work effort will be worthless. Important note; in content keep keywords in phrases this will help you easily to search for your topic easily. Your researcher will help you to gain the insight into what people are searching for on the internet. This is how your blog beat the ranking in high.
- Encourage Readers to Comment, Like, and Share: When you create a post always add a call to action at the end of it. Encourage readers and ask them to like, comment, and share with their friends. People are more likely to share a post if you ask them to.
- Add hyperlinks to other relevant pages: Don’t forget to add internal links to your important pages to ensure you get the pages crawled in the first place. Write short anchor text that is concise and without too many words. It is good to readers if they want to understand more with relevant content in-dept.
- Link to other relevant sites – cite and link to your source: Referring web pages – The internet is increasingly used as a source of information and it is just as important to reference internet sources as it is to reference or quote them. Cite that person or their work, and where you can, link back to their website. Just make sure that their site opens in a separate browser window.
- Ensure Your Readers Don’t Get Bored – When you write about your business content blog. Think and put yourself in your reader’s shoes. Write some short story in your first paragraph with interesting brief will help get your readers into the page. Avoid long paragraphs – shorten your sentences and keep your readers constantly engaged.
- Add an eye-catching feature image – Your blog heading play a very important role to readers, add some featured image, it is important to choose a image that is eye-catching, with text to your featured image gives it that extra edge in your blog so that readers can understand more better.
- Assign category and tags to your post – Your site will rank higher in search engine, if it is well-optimized sites drive more traffic over time, any readers will be happy – if they find similar topics – and this will help to other bloggers who try to find some specific new idea or content related interesting information to their topic. Important note: If you have well-chosen category – Don’t assign your post to more than 2 categories. Use keyword tags to cover all topics under which this post falls.
- Make your blog SEO friendly – Focus keywords in the title, an optimized titleis important for SEO – that will get you more CTR – always your title should actually describe the content of the blog Meta title and description are the results that you see when you make a google search. There are dozens of plugins if you use wordpress that will make adding meta information easy.
- Add social sharing buttons – Inspire your readers to share your posts- adding social sharing buttons to your blog or website is a quick and easy way to get your readers to share your posts. Make it fast and simple for your blog’s readers to more deeply engage with your site.